Today I’m going to share with you guys a quick, easy and HIGHLY addicting snack!
It’s really the best way to incorporate kale into your diet and they’re so delicious you’ll want to eat more and more – trust me!
I like to make them fresh and eat them right away because the longer they sit the crunchiness goes away and then they don’t taste the best…And of course, the seasoning below is what I like on my chips – feel free to experiment and add your own if you like.
TIP: The longer you massage the kale and seasoning mix together the better as this will reduce the chips bitterness. The kale should turn a bright green colour before they’re ready to be put in the oven for baking (similar to the picture above).
2 kale bunches
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder or chili flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Carefully remove the leaves from the kale stems, wash and dry them. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and red chili powder or chili flakes.
4. Add kale to the wet ingredients and using your hands mix to ensure each leaf is properly coated with the dressing for 2-3 minutes.
5. Lay each leaf out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake until the edges are brown, about 10-12 minutes.
What seasoning do you like on your kale chips? Comment below!