It’s February already, geez where is time going! So, I don’t usually keep up with the weather but I’ve been checking the weekly forecasts lately and its going to snow here tonight – so excited!!! I’m hoping to wake up to a blanket of snow tomorrow morning :).
Today I want to share with you guys my daytime skincare products that I’ve been using for the past few months. I’ve been meaning to share these products for quite sometime now with you guys but I was waiting until I had a routine set and made sure I tried them for atleast a month before reviewing them. I tend to do that with products because using them once or twice you don’t really get a feel for them other than if you know you’re sensitive to them. And of course, if you’re sensitive to any product stop using it asap.
I suggest using products for 3-4 weeks and that’s when you’ll be able to see the results. Don’t rush it – good products take their time working their magic!
This is the order that I use them in:
Kiehls: Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner
– I really like this toner and the great thing is that it’s alcohol free! This is good because alcohol in skincare products tend to dry the skin out. I never really used a toner until recently when I discovered this one and Rocky Mountain Soap Co’s (which I’ll be posting about later on the blog) but I can tell you that I’ll never go back! This is an essential step in a skincare routine. This toner is very soothing and calming to the skin and my favourite part is that it leaves the skin looking matte. There is also a mild scent to it which I’m not a fan of, otherwise this is one of my favourite toners!
Body Shop: Drops of Youth Concentrate
– I don’t use this one everyday. This is also a serum so I switch my routine up between this one and the Lanoline one. The smell is a little strong and I didn’t actually notice that it did much for me besides drying out my skin. The one thing that I wasn’t too fond of was that this product contains alcohol. It’s a watery formula and quickly penetrates into the skin. I won’t be purchasing this again.
Body Shop: Oils of Life
– I really like this oil! It leaves the skin feeling sooooo soft and smooth. I was hesitant at first to start using oils since I have oily skin and I always thought that oils are for drier/sensitive skin types but it’s actually helped my skin not feel so clogged and oily! Who would have thought oils work on oily skin! And it has a super nice scent to it. Sometime’s I’ll apply it topically to my face or I’ll add the 1-2 drops in my moisturizer.
Lanoline Manuka Honey: Serum
– I alternate this serum with the Drops of Youth Concentrate. I like this serum as it’s light and visibly tightens the skins. It also isn’t very runny or oily like some serums are – this one has a thick consistency and it has a cooling effect which feels refreshing.
Origins: GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream
– The eye area is the most delicate part on the face and I suggest reading ingredients before applying any cream to this area as some products can thin the skin. This cream is a lightweight brightening cream for the eyes. It’s very refreshing in the morning and is a great moisturizer. It leaves the skin under the eye hydrated all day. Honestly, I didn’t notice that it de-puffed my eyes as it claims and was a bit disappointed with that. Other than that, I’m onto my second jar!
Kiehl’s: Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream
– This you guys is my ultimate FAVOURITE face cream! It’s so lightweight, hydrating and oil-free leaving the skin feeling so smooth and balanced. It’s also great to wear under makeup and doesn’t leave the skin feeling icky afterwards.
Boscia: No pores No shine T-zone Treatment
– Another one of my favourite products! This is one product I found to stay true to what it claims. It really is a “No pores No shine T-zone” product. I apply it at the very end of my routine everyday just in my T zone so the forehead, nose, chin areas and my skin is shine-free allll day! I love the matte look so after every cream I’ll apply this on top and I’ve found it to work for me so well! The only downside to this is that it contains silicon and parabens 😔 So, I’m on the lookout for a toxin-free no shine treatment!
Have you guys used any of these? What did you think of them? Comment below!
*This post is not sponsored by any brand or company. All opinions are my own.*